Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Whimsical Bride...

Hello and happy Cinco de Mayo! Can you believe it is already May? Where in the world did the first 4 months of the year go? In honor of the true start of spring, I have decided to discuss a trend that has been making a comeback. Whimsical bridal gowns. Now, I love a simple elegant gown as much as the nest girl. However, done properly, a whimsical gown can add the wow factor that most brides are wanting on their big day!

There are a few ways to bring some whimsey into your gown. The first thing that I alway think of is doing a gown with ruffles. Ruffles are feminine and soft, and if done properly won't overpower the bride. There were quite a few ruffled dresses on the runway in New York. I think that this romantic look is here to stay.

Another great addition to a simple gown is a flower detail. Flowers can be done in many ways. You can add just a touch with a flowered bolero for the ceremony. Or, if you are daring, go for a gown that has a skirt that is covered in flowers! I love the flowered skirt, it is so young and fresh and feminine! There are quite a few designers that are designing gowns with this aesthetic, which makes it easier to find one in every budget!

Take a look at some of my favorite whimsical gowns...

I love this ruffled gown from Paloma Blanca

Another Paloma Blanca gown - gorgeous detailing

I love this Marchesa gown - truly over the top

Modern Trousseau's subtle take on ruffles is beautiful

I love all of the silk organza used in this dress

Paloma Blanca's darling cabbage rose gown

Again, an over the top version of a flowered gown

I just adore this gown

Another Marchesa gown with fabulous flower detail

I hope that you love these gowns as much as I do! And if you just can't stop dreaming about them, then visit The Bride's Room to find the gown of your dreams! And, if you have any questions or topics that you would like to see me blog about, please post in the comments below! I want to make sure that you are getting all of the information that you could ever need!

As always, much love,

The Bridal Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment